Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sword of Truth Series (all 11 of them...) 2.5

I am annoyed by this series. First of all because I lost so much sleep over it. The story is incredibly engaging and there were so many sub-plots going on that I normally had a hard time putting a book down at the end of a chapter. However, as the books went on (and on and on), I became a little disenchanted with it all. While most of the initial characters I like throughout, new and annoying characters kept cropping up and sometimes would dominate almost an entire book. Then to cap it all off, I got down to the last 200 pages of the final book (don't get me started about the non-standard paperback size) I could not imagine how it would all come out ok in the end. 100 pages left...50 pages left. And when I got to the climax that had been building for 11 books and roughly 3000 pages...give or take a few thousand...I was disappointed. Or maybe just tired. Anyway. It all kind of fell flat for me in the end. Glad I didn't save them to read in New Zealand!

No comments: